Thursday, July 10, 2014

Progress Report


I made it to 3 weeks not eating any grains.  It wasn't too bad once I got used to being hungry, but it was hard.  I was hoping I would feel better - I actually felt worse the first week, and then I felt normal the next two weeks.  I also hoped I would lose weight - but I don't think the 1.5 pounds on one day counts. Boo!  I did notice that I started slimming down in odd places - so not a whole body part like my arms, but just my elbows!  It's cool to have skinnier elbows but it isn't much of an incentive to keep going.  Plus, I have no idea if it was the walking/jogging that has helped or the eating - most likely both together.  I took an extra long 4 day weekend for the Fourth and about halfway through Eric asked what I was planning at the end of the 4 weeks - and I said I was planning to have grains with one meal a day and maybe one snack.  He asked me if it was worth waiting another week before starting that - I decided it wasn't.  So I gave up, but I did managed to do one thing - I am definitely not eating as many grains as I was before.  I fill up a lot faster when I do eat something made from grains.  That is definitely an improvement, and I feel like it is much more likely I can stick with only eating one meal with grains than none at all.

I have to give kuddos to anyone who has no choice about eating grain-free - I don't know how you do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...