Friday, July 25, 2014

No flour....really!


I made these peanut butter cookies last night. I was surprised there was no flour in the recipe. I read over the steps and then re-read them, I thought maybe they forgot to add it to the ingredient list. No they didn't, it really doesn't have flour! When they baked they smelled exactly the same as the recipe with flour. The only problem that I had, had nothing to do with the recipe, I didn't know my scoop came apart and a tiny little metal piece came off. Unfortunately Jerry, my husband, found it! Good thing he didn't break a tooth.

This is also a 1 bowl recipe!

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
Generous 1 teaspoon vanilla

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet or just bake the cookies right on to the pan like I did. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. I just scooped on to the pan, you can roll them into balls before putting them on the baking sheet. Then I got a small bowl of sugar and dipped my fork in the sugar then on the cookie a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-10 min. They didn't rise very much, I really like them thin. I was thinking they might be thicker if I had rolled them.

My husband added some whip cream on the cookies, which we highly recommend. Jerry said he prefers this recipe, so yay I will add this to my recipe box!

I hope you enjoy your weekend! I know I will, my birthday is coming up so I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...