Monday, May 12, 2014

Banana Cupcakes



My mom called me the other day to tell me what she wanted for Mother's Day......Peanut Butter Frosting! She said she did not care if I made anything to go with it, she would eat it out of a bowl. I thought I would make a chocolate cake with it, but when I went to make it I realized I forgot to buy flour. Now what to do? What else goes well with peanut butter... Bananas! I just happened to have some very ripe bananas and 1 cup of flour and it ended up perfect.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup smashed rippened bananas
1 egg
2 tablespoons soften salted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

With a mixer cream sugar, butter and bananas. Add in the egg, sour cream and vanilla. Once mixed, add everything else and mix until everything is well blended, scrapping the sides as you go.

This makes an 8x8 cake, but I made 6 heart and 2 clover cupcakes.
Bake for around 22 min for cupcakes, longer for a single cake.

My mother-in-law passed away last July and this was our first Mother's Day without her. Her birthday was on Saint Patricks Day, so I thought I would make a few clover cakes as a way to bring her into our celebration.
 
Happy Mother's Day!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...