Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jogging?!


Aren't these cute?  Their Felicia's!  (Thank you for the picture save!)
Yep - jogging...I never thought I would find the energy/motivation to be a jogger - not that I think I am yet, but I'm getting there!  I think it was really the combination of several things happening around the same time which came together  - the 'perfect storm' if you will - I have been slowly increasing the amount that I walk over the last few weeks, I REALLY, REALLY want to lose weight by January, and we got new neighbors.  That last reason seems a little weird, but it was actually the one that convinced me to start jogging.  How you might ask - our new neighbors (and new friends) and Eric all jog, but I don't  didn't.  I know it's all in my head, but I felt like the odd man out :).  Most nights after work Michelle & I go walking, and sometimes the guys will go jogging together.  After a few weeks of walking, I decided that as long as we started slow, I would like to start jogging a few nights a week.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it long term (and I still don't) but I have gone on 3 jogs and I can still walk - so yay for me!  Now, don't think I just go out there and jog the whole time - there are a lot of walking breaks in-between the jogging - but I am trying to jog a little further and rest a little less each time.  Yesterday I did 2.5 miles of jogging on gravel with (smallish) hills and made it in around 35 min (I forgot to stop my tracker) - which works out to around a 14 min mile.  My goal is to make it to a steady 10 min mile.  Michelle is a great jogging partner because she is enough better than me to challenge me, but not make me feel like I am holding her back!  (She does a lot of circling back to me lol)  

Also, I lost 2 pounds in the last week since I started jogging - let's hope that keeps up! :)  Now I just have to figure out how to stop eating...

Have a great week!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...