Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sugar, Sugar...


I love dark brown sugar. When I saw this recipe, I really wanted to give it a try. I also love applesauce muffins, but I have never tried apple cake. This recipe comes together quickly, and oh boy does it smell good in my house!

Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup of vegetable oil
4 eggs
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of dark (or light) brown sugar
2 cups of white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 generous teaspoons of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of applesauce.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with papers or grease your tin.

In a large bowl, or stand mixer, whisk oil eggs and sugars. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, mix until smooth. Hand stir the applesauce into the batter. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake for 16-20 minutes. Let cool on baking rack.

To make frosting:

Beat 1 8oz block of cream cheese, 1 stick or 1/2 cup of butter, 1 cup of dark, or light, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt until smooth.

I put the frosting on with an offset spatula.  I adapted the recipe from here.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...