Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

Yep - it's the first day of May, which means it's time for a new menu.  I made a bunch of changes to what we are eating (added some new recipes, took some old ones off).  I also added a (hopefully) helpful tool for myself - Weight Watchers Points.  I have been struggling with losing weight, so I signed up for WW last month.  I have used it before with a lot of success (sadly, once I stopped doing it I gained all the weight I lost back), so I was sure I would be able use it to help me lose weight this time.  Well...I'm pretty good at tracking what I eat during the day - but I am AWFUL about keeping track at night and on the weekends.  I don't want to spend a bunch of time figuring out how many points each meal is - especially if I am just throwing things together.  Also, my biggest enemy is snacking - I do it constantly!!  Even with my spotty tracking I have lost around 5 pounds - so hopefully with better tracking and the 30 min a day exercising I am forcing myself into I will lose more this month!

With that in mind, I spent a little time figuring out the points for the meals on my menu, which will help me plan what to make as well.  I removed some of the higher point meals (but not all - some things are worth the points), and I added some meals from the WW site.  The hardest part will be to stick to the serving size - some of the lower point meals are pretty small so I will double up on those, but most of them are a decent sized servings so I am going to try to stick to them.  Just to give you an idea of how many points I can eat a day - it's around 36 with the daily total and the weekly total averaged out.  Yeah - they go pretty quickly... good thing most fruit and veggies are zero points! 

Fingers crossed!!  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...