Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Easy White Bread (For the Bread Machine)


I like to make my own bread, so I can control what is put into it. It is also a great way to save money now that some loaves of bread are $5.00 or more. This recipe is very simple and is a nice fluffy white bread. My husband and Dex really like this one.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 teaspoons of dry active yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup canola oil
3 cups white bread flour
1 teaspoon salt

In the bread pan add the yeast, sugar and water. Do not mix, but let it sit for 10 minutes.
Add in the oil, then the flour and add the salt on top(make sure not to let it touch the liquid). 
Set the bread machine to basic or white bread. Mine took about 4 hours from start to finish. This is a good bread to make sandwiches, toast or my husband loves to eat it with olive oil and herbs.

Enjoy
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...