Thursday, May 15, 2014

New projects are on the horizon...

I can't believe it's already halfway through May!!  Our goal for finishing Eric's office was the end of May, but since we have both been sick the last few weeks (first me and then Eric) we are not going to meet that goal.  We still have a lot of projects to finish in there - The main ones being the desktop, the drawer fronts and doors, some wall panels and the upper cabinets for above the desk.  So we discussed it and made a decision - if we can get enough things done by the end of May and are on a roll, we will continue the office projects until the end of June.  If we are not able to get any momentum in finishing the projects, we will be moving on to the next room on our list.  We will still be working on the office, but only here and there between other things.  We have a big list of projects to finish by the end of the year, but we are pretty committed to getting it done (or maybe we should just be committed??)

So, what's our next project?  The Master Bedroom!  We plan to do this room in two steps because we have some bigger projects we haven't made all the decisions about yet, but I don't want to go another year without a closet or light fixtures!  So, the first phase is to build the closet organization, install french doors, put up crown molding and install lighting.  The second phase will include a new bed, a bookcase and the rest of the decor.

I am really excited about getting my closet completed - I just do not have enough room right now!  Here is a sneak peak at what I am thinking of doing:

 Obviously this isn't exactly what I will end up with (I still need to take measurements), but it is pretty close to the look I am going for.  I mostly have things that are shorter to hang, so I don't need a huge long hanging sections, and Eric only needs a place to hang his jackets (of which there are many).  The shelves above will be for sweaters, purses and other things.  The shelves below will have pajamas and shoes and other things I can't hang up.  The very bottom is for laundry baskets so they are out of sight.  I am hoping I will be able to have a 4 foot space in the center, but I may have to redesign it if it is too much weight - we will see when we get a little closer to actually building it.  The grey area is where the outer wall covers the front of the closet, the white area is where the door is.  I got the original idea from here.  I love the idea, but I don't have a whole room for my closet so I need to have a little more function in a small area (plus, I own like 12 pairs of shoes so I don't need quite that much shoe space).

I'm going to keep dreaming of my closet - have a great day!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...