Monday, May 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats


Last week my husband told me that he would really like to have some peanut butter rice crispy treats like his mom used to make him. Did you know people made such a thing? I did not. I set out looking for a recipe, with Pinterest and Google it should be easy right? Wrong! Most of the recipes I found had chocolate on top (he didn't want that) or were made with other things instead of marshmallows (marshmallows were a must). I ended up just going with it and adding peanut butter.

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter (They are very peanut buttery so if you want more of a marshmallow taste, I would add a little less peanut butter.)
6 cups puffed rice cereal
1 1lb bag of marshmallows

It's just as simple as making rice crispy treats, just with one added ingredient.

Melt the butter in a big pot over medium-low heat. Once it is melted add in the peanut butter mixing a few times until it melted. Add in the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and mixed in. Then add the cereal, mix and then press into pan with your spoon. Let cool, cut and serve.





I lined my dish with wax paper for easy clean up.

My husband loved them and now wants me to make them more often. I hope your family enjoys them just as much!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...