Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Fun Outing!

This last weekend I was able to go to an event that I have been wanting to go to for awhile - and it was even more fun because I was able to go with my mom and youngest siblings.  Sakuracon is an anime convention held in Seattle each year.  We had a blast - and I looked dorky in every picture lol.  Oh well - I look dorky in most pictures I am in :).  We made costumes and that was a lot of fun - but also a lot of work (it took 3 patterns and my own design to put mine together).  Another part of my costume was 3D printed by Eric - the ears and hairpieces for my character.  It was a bit of a rush job but they still turned out pretty cool.  Here is the link to see the original character Chii from Chobits.


One of the best parts was people watching and seeing all of the different costumes.  Some were incredible, some were thrown together - but they were all very creative!!  It was also neat to see all of the artwork and items on sale.  I can't wait to go again next year!


Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...