Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Rice crispy S'Mores

Oh yeah! I really like rice crispy treats! I made some for the MS walk we just did. See here to read more about the walk. I also like S'Mores so I thought I'm going to combine the two, not that this is brand new news, it's been done before! It just sounded yummy. I also buy threesisters graham cracker cereal from Whole Foods. One time I made a mini S'Mores it cracked me more than anything. I was thinking about it again hence this awesome recipe.

I like Shelley's recipe I used it for the walk. Though I didn't have everything to make it correctly, it turned out yummy anyways. This time I used the correct amount, I did of course make it slightly different but these turned out better because I followed more closely.

Prepare a medium size sheet pan or a 11 by 7 baking pan, the sheet pan works best if you like them thinner. Line the pan with foil and grease, or grease pan with butter.

Ingredients 

5 Tablespoons butter
8 cups plus 2 cups marshmallows 
3 cups rice crispy cereal
3 cups graham cracker cereal
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl add butter and 8 cups marshmallows microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Or you can melt butter over low heat in a large pot add marshmallows and mix until melted. Add cereals and salt, mix in 2 cups marshmallows and lightly press into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and press onto top. Let cool and slice and enjoy!



See all the layers! Just like a S'More. Adding the whole marshmallows help them be gooey and I think helps you from pressing them down too hard and making them bricks.

Next time I'm going to try and let the mixture cool a little more then mix in the chocolate chips. Some of them fell off. Which is no big deal S'Mores should be messy right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...