Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Slow Cooker Pot Roast


I pulled out a chuck roast out of my freezer and yesterday I had to cook it, it had been 2 days since I pulled it out. It was 6:30 by the time I got it into the slow cooker. I cooked it on high for 4 hours. I prefer the 8 hours but I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night to put it away.

I'm so excited to have this for dinner tonight. I might actually make dessert since I will have time. I should finally make that banana pudding!

Recipe

1 packet slow roaster pot roast
3-4 lbs beef chuck roast
1.5 lbs small white or red potatoes
4 carrots chopped
1 cup water
1 packet Au Jus

Place your roast in our slow cooker, add potatoes and carrots. Mix cup water with pot roast packet and pour over meat and veggies. When the roast is done sprinkle the Au Jus packet over the roast and veggies and mix in it will make a delicious gravy. Let rest for 10-15 min then scoop off the fat and serve.

Or you can do what I did and put in the refrigerator and the next day the fat will harden and you scoop that off before reheating.

I tried it last night, you know for quality control, it was so yummy that gravy was so mouthwatering. The potatoes popped in my mouth just like cooked tomatoes. I'm going to make my yummy rolls from the bread machine to go with it.

I hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...