Friday, April 10, 2015

Lasagna with a new twist!



I was shopping at Trader Joes, I will post next week about my prepping food, I picked up a no boil lasagna noodles and it had the recipe. I picked up the other ingredients to make it. I'm so glad I decided to make it. It called for marscapone cheese instead of the norm ricotta. My husband actually liked it. He doesn't care for ricotta so I was going to use cottage cheese instead, I took a chance and I'm glad I did.

I stopped by my local bakery and got a whole wheat loaf to go with it. It was so good! If you're ever in Duvall WA check out Grateful Bread Bakery.

You will need an 8 by 8 baking pan or if you're like me a 9 by 9. You will need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit after you have assembled the Lasagna. Which will need to rest for 30 minutes.

Recipe

1/2 box of no boil lasagna noodles, which is where you can find the recipe.
1 pound uncooked sweet Italian pork sausage
1 jar of tomato sauce, I used pomodoro pasta sauce
10 oz marscapone cheese
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan
Lightly grated nutmeg, I have the whole nutmeg, this is where the recipes differ, I didn't grate 1/2 teaspoon I like a light flavoring. If you have ground you can use 1/2 teaspoon.
Salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet cook sausage at medium heat, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. When it's browned add the jar of tomato sauce and heat through and remove from heat.

In a big bowl mix marscapone, milk, 3/4 cup Parmesan, and nutmeg. Pour a little bit of the mixture into the prepared pan.

Now to assemble, you should have 4 layers. Dip a pasta sheet into the cheese mixture and place in pan. I had 3 layered, then add a little bit of a the sauce mixture, start over with the pasta sheets. On my last pasta layer I poured the remaining cheese mixer on top then the remaining sauce mixture. I topped it with the other 3/4 cup of parmesan.

Now you let it rest for 30 minutes before baking. This would be a great recipe to prepare in the morning and bake in the evening. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Bake for 40-50 min and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...