Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Taco Soup

I wanted Taco's yesterday. Then I remembered seeing Pins of taco soup. I searched and not one was quite what I wanted. So I came up with my own.

We topped ours with sour cream and cheese along with chips and green onions. I didn't add all of it because of the picture you, couldn't see the soup as well.

This recipe is great because you can use fresh ingredients or like me and you want some quick prep use cans.




Recipe

2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 lb ground beef
1 taco seasoning packet
1 ranch dressing packet
Salt and pepper to taste

Toppings options
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Sliced green onions
Sliced olives
Tortilla strips


In a large skillet brown ground beef, drain fat, add taco and ranch packets mix until combined. In a large pot add tomatoes, corn and beans with liquid bring to medium heat. Add cooked meat and bring soup up to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy with your desired toppings.

Luckily this is on our to be made again list! It's so nice to blog I can come back and my notes are here on what I did or wanted to do.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...