Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake



When I say bake, I only mean 5-10 to melt the cheese! This picture doesn't do it justice! I should have taken one of the pan. I know it doesn't look like much but is so yummy! This dish lingered in my house late into the next evening due to the garlic. It makes me want oven and over. I love those kinds of recipes, I have about 3 that do that to me.

Here's the original recipe, this is on my keepers list.

 If you have a rotisserie chicken or left over cooked chicken this could be a one pan dish. I had a couple of chicken breast thawed, so that's what I used. I chopped them up into bite size pieces and cooked them over medium heat in a large skillet.

Recipe

2 Tablespoon oil
6 garlic cloves minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
3 cups water
12 oz pasta
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

If you don't have an oven proof pan you can use a 9 by 13 baking dish.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large skillet heat oil to medium heat. Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper and salt until fragrent for about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes water and pasta, bring to a boil. Cover and reduced to a steady simmer for 12-16 minutes or until tender, stir frequently. Add chicken and 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, pour into baking pan if using. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. place in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...