Friday, April 24, 2015

I'm a bag lady

I've been trying to rack my brain today what to post. I have been having sewing on my mind a lot. These things happen a lot when I can't do them. I have a whole loft for my crafts. It's not clean and it has some of my husbands things taken over as well.

One time our summer here it was so hot and you wouldn't believe it but I had to bake! Luckily my husband got us an air conditioner so now I can bake in 80+ degree weather.

I have this idea in my head to make a bag that would be perfect for me. I have some really nice hand bags and I have really cheap bags that I have adored for a long time. So I'm hoping to make something that is durable and super functional. I like pockets. I'm one of those ladies you see digging in her bag for things so I need pockets. It's hard to find something that is fun, beautiful and functional. So that's what I am trying to figure out how to make.

I also like backpacks and sling bags. I need to be hands free being a mom. I used my backpack for the MS walk and I haven't switched back. I need to be able to put it on quickly and have it stay on. I have weird shoulders and none of my bags will stay on if I have it on one shoulder.

I would like to have zipper pockets as well as open pockets and I don't like outside pockets. I do know that it needs purple, my favorite color. I have quite a lot of purple fabric so I'm sure I will be able to figure something out. To help make it durable I think I will quilt it.

Sorry I didn't have something fun and exciting to post about today. We have been dealing with a sick sweet boy. We are about done thank goodness, he had a fever in the very beginning and that didn't last too long. then he had this raspy cough, luckily that is about gone. We can't wait for the summer heat to get here and these sicknesses to go away!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...