Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Banana Ice Cream

If your looking for a fast, easy and heathy treat - this is for you. All you really need is sliced frozen bananas and any add-ins you would like. I keep a little ziplock in my freezer with peeled and sliced bananas for times when I feel like something cold and creamy, but all you really need is 3 hours to freeze the bananas.

Last night I made Banana Cocoa Ice Cream using just these two things:

 I put 3 peeled, sliced and frozen bananas (I froze them 3 days ago so they were a little brown, but worked just fine) and two teaspoons of cocoa powder into the Ninja. I used the blade and then used the ice crush setting for 1 minute, stopping once to scrap the sides. The bananas will look like small little chunky pieces.  I then took out the blade and used the mixing attachment on the dough setting for about 30 seconds to smooth it all out. If you don't have a Ninja you can use a blender or food processor.


When your done it should look something like this.

It is now ready to eat.

You can mix it with almost anything. Change out the cocoa powder for a nut butter, crushed candies or maybe some cookie crumbles. I hope you enjoy your new heathy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...