Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Parties parties parties...



March will be a fun month of parties for me, I'll be attending some and others I'll be hosting. I have a baby shower for a dear friend. I have finally set the theme and I can't wait to see how it all turns out! She's having a boy and I pinned a bunch of cute ideas on baby deer. I wasn't sure if I would find much outside of John Deer, but there are a lot of cute ideas. I love hosting parties! You'll be seeing more on the shower in the weeks to come.

At the end of the month my baby boy turns 4! I don't know where the time went! We have had quite the intense upbringing with our son. He was born early. We spent nearly 3 1/2 months in the NICU with the help of the amazing nurses and pediatricians. Once we were home we began a birth to three program. We wouldn't be where we are today with out our SLP, she was with us from the moment we brought him home. Of course we have our PT and OT - every time we would have them come help it would just align him in the right direction. Once he turned three, we moved to pediatric therapy which has been wonderful for him as well! Since we had a late start, my son was diagnosed early on with late development; we also had an Autism evaluation and he is Autistic as well, but with unspecified areas. We are currently doing sessions for that too. He has blossomed so much from his therapy it's mind blowing! I keep thinking of where we are today vs when we brought him home. It really takes a village in our case to raise our son. We couldn't have done it without our family, friends and all those caring professionals we worked with. Now to the fun part! I'm going with a Lego theme for his birthday! I have everything all planned out! I'm going to make his cake look like a big Lego piece. I think the older he gets the more fun I have planning them! I really can't wait for sleep over parties, but that is a long ways away.

I'm also helping out with a 30th birthday with my close family friends, I'm actually unofficially adopted in to their family. It will be so much fun. Every time it get together with them we have such a great time.

I'm sure I will be invited to more celebrations, March has a lot of celebrating in my family! I know several people with the birthday of March 16th! On St. Patrick's Day, my mom would make me rice and milk for breakfast but she would dye it green for me. I would love to hear about your family tradition's.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...