Friday, February 14, 2014

Healthier thumb print treat..

I love holiday's! Valentines day for me has been about bringing smiles to those we work with, love or who are close to us. My parents always did this wonderful thing on Valentines day, my dad was a real estate broker, my mom was a real estate agent, she was also a business woman. She would get a bunch of long stem red roses and my dad would go around and deliver a rose to each female real estate agent. I just thought that was so special. I learned a lot of things like that from my parents. 

We have been enjoying quite a few tasty treats these last few days so I thought I would make a treat that's better for us. 

I made a 5 ingredient thumb print treat (it's not truly a cookie so I thought treat would suit it better.)



First mash 2 banana's


Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter


Mix it up


Add 1 1/2 cups of Oats and 1 tablespoon of Wheat Germ (optional)


I scooped 2 teaspoon which made 15


Make round indentations for the jam (here you should go straight to the oven, I didn't follow the golden rule, read recipe entirely first then make it, and I added the jam before baking)


I filled the centers with about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Jam


They baked at 350 F for 17 1/2 minutes

These would have looked prettier had I added the jam afterwards, I don't think they changed the flavor. I tried them warm. I'm looking forward to trying them cold. They stay together just like cookies do.

Here are the ingredients and instructions:

2 very ripe banana's
2 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter*
1 cup of Quick cooking Oats not instant
1 tablespoon of Wheat Germ (optional)
about 4 teaspoons of jam

Preheat oven to 350 F grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl mash banana's add peanut butter and mix. Add oats and wheat germ if using. Scoop mixture onto to baking sheet and then make rounded indentations for the jam.
 Bake for 15-18 minutes
Add small amount of jam in the center of the treats and let cool.

*Try using chunky peanut butter for added crunch

Enjoy!

I found this, and adapted, recipe on Pinterest, shocking I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...