Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Best Frosting Ever!!!


My husband and I are very lucky to have a very special young lady in our lives. Tyka really came into ours lives when she was about 7 and I do not think we could love her any more if she was biologically ours. Thursday is her 19th birthday and yesterday she come over to have a little double celebration (Saturday is my birthday). We went to get pedicures (her gift to me) and come back to my house for her favorite dinner, cupcakes, and gifts (for her).
 When I was was making the cupcakes I couldn't decide what kind of frosting to make. I didn't want a butter cream, whipped cream, or cream cheese frosting, I just wanted something different. So I decided to start throwing things in the mixer and the best frosting ever was born!

Ingredients:
1 8 oz block of cold cream cheese
3 sticks (1 1/2cups) of unsalted butter at room temperature
3 cups of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of almond extract
1 1/2  teaspoons of pure vanilla extract

Start by running hot water over the sides of the cream cheese package for a few seconds. You don't want to warm the cream cheese, it just makes it easier to get out of the package.
Place the cream cheese and butter into the bowl of a mixer and mix with the paddle attachment for 1 minute and a half on high.


Add in powder sugar one cup at a time mixing well in between each cup. While mixing, add both extracts.

Frost your cake or cupcakes.


I think this frosting would also be yummy if you switched out the almond extract for coconut, lemon, or any other extract you would like.
Tyka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...