Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pumpkin Muffincake



We're back! I'm sorry we haven't been posting this week. We all have those crazy weeks, we're having one now so bare with with us!

I set out to find muffin recipes yesterday. I found this muffin recipe which is actually cake with a muffin texture. 

This is delicious! Especially with the frosting! I think I might keep the frosting recipe for cinnamon rolls. I initially put a little cinnamon in the frosting. I'm going to add more, I love the specks of color and the taste, 

Ingredients

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin purée

Preheat oven to 350 degree Farhrenheit. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners.

In a large bowl mix dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fill each well 3/4 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, the instuctions I had said a full 30 min and they got a little dark but still moist. Let cool and frost.

Frosting (I doubled the recipe. We like frosting in our house and it's nice to have left overs anyway)

1 1/2 sticks of butter at room temp
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
Powder sugar to your liking, I used about 1 1/2 cups
Cinnamon if desired

In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, add butter and vanilla. Slowly add powder sugar, checking for texture and taste. Last add a sprinkling of cinnamon if using.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...