Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Out of this world granola bars



I'm in trouble! These are so good! I want to double my batch next time, but I can't eat a double batch by myself...can I? No definitely not. 

My kiddo wanted granola bars. So I set out for a good recipe. I wanted a recipe with crispy rice cereal I finally found this. I'm so glad I found this recipe. I wanted a soft bar. I used dark brown sugar and I didn't have mini chocolate chips. I don't think it really needs it. So I'm going to add some other yummy things like ground flax seed, wheat germ, seeds or nuts. 

Here's my version of the recipe.

Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey (I used wildflower honey)
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups quick cook oats (I prefer the smaller cuts when it comes to bars)
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Handfuls of toppings such as mini chocolate chips or mini candy coated chocolate 

Grease a medium baking pan or sheet pan. In a medium bowl pour in oats and rice cereal. In a small pan over medium heat bring butter, honey and sugar until bubbles form. Then reduce to low and cook for 2 minutes. Add vanilla then pour butter mixture over oat mixture stir until all is combined. Press into prepared pan and let sit for 2 hours. I cheated towards the end and I put them in the refrigerator for a bit. Then I cut them into bars and ate a few!

This is so much better than any store bought bar you can buy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...