Friday, November 7, 2014

Deconstructed Carmel Apple on Cream Cheese


There really is no better way to explain carmel and apple. I tried though. This is pretty delicious and pretty simple. I love those recipes where you make, or pour, something tasty over a plain block of cream cheese and then serve with crackers or some kind of transportation to your mouth.

This is just the same. I was thinking of a treat I added to Xander's lunch once, slices of apple with peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. I wanted to make something similar but the crunch of toffee bits and luscious caramel sauce transformed it into an adult treat.

You can make your own caramel sauce. I recommend, the jarred version doesn't taste nearly as good as homemade. Not to mention you know what's in it.

Ingredients
1 8oz cream cheese
caramel sauce 1/4-1/2 cup or however much you like jarred or homemade
about 1/4 cup toffee bits
apple, pretzels or graham crackers

I pulled my cream cheese out of the refrigerator about 30 min before hand. That would give you plenty of time to make the caramel sauce.

Put the block of cream cheese on your serving dish.

I decided on an oval bowl to scoop out the goodness easier. Though a plate would look so pretty. Pour caramel sauce on top. I heated up for 35 seconds to help it pour. If you're making it from scratch you won't have to heat up unless you refrigerated it before hand.

Sprinkle with toffee bits and serve with desired dippers.

Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...