Monday, November 17, 2014

Pineapple casserole



I'm a huge fan of apple and cheese, so I'm sure I will love this as well. My son wanted to have pineapple upside down cake last night. Of course it was too late to make it, he said it right before going to bed, he's so funny! Well that got me thinking! I really wanted to make a pineapple recipe. I make Paula Deen's Pineapple gooey cake, oh boy is that delicious! Now I want to that too! Oh well, next time I will!

This is a southern dish, if you haven't guessed yet I love southern comfort food. I was thinking of having it with chicken. I was reading up on what is usually served with it. Ham is paired with it, which makes sense. So now I wished I had pork chops! I'm serving this with lunch so I'm glad I have chicken, I think it will be lighter.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
3/4 cup crushed butter crackers
1 stick of melted butter

In a medium bowl mix sugar and flour. Add cheese and pineapple, mix well. Pour into a greased baking dish, I use a small 4 cup capacity stoneware dish. Next pour crushed butter crackers on, and last pour melted butter on top. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 degrees.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...