Monday, September 29, 2014

No TV!


My TV wigged out when we had a power outage about a week ago. My husband was super busy so he didn't have time to fix it. Last night it was fixed, we have a computer TV so it was an easier fix than going and buying a whole new setup. It still took hours and he had to upgrade the OS. We have a handy dandy program that records my shows. Unfortunately we had to pay for it with the new upgrade.

That's not what I really wanted to talk about. I'm a huge TV show fan. When I was pregnant I said I didn't want the same for my kiddo. He lit up when he saw a video and I couldn't help my self, I gave in and now he had a few shows that he likes to watch. I do however turn off the TV more than my parents did. I wouldn't change my upbringing for anything. I still love TV. What I learned from my week of no TV is that I got so much done around the house. My son also did pretty well with out it, there was less stress in the house. There's something to be said about removing the distractions, it works for everyone. I have enjoyed my no TV week so much that I have only set up 2 recordings to record every week. I will watch them on the weekends. I forgot I have set up some food shows, I count that as research though!

I have committed to deep cleaning a room a day, I took one day off on Saturday but I'm back to it. How I see it, when I have cleaned and organized everything it will be a lot easier to maintain. I was working way to hard before and I would get tired and give up.

My favorite thing about reorganizing and deep cleaning, I will be able to have guest over. I love food even more so I love to serve food to the ones I love. I always felt bad about my house but would tell myself this is the way we live so hopefully they wouldn't think too bad of us. Well now I know I can do better, and I want to do better.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...