Thursday, September 25, 2014

Korean Beef


So I made this dish hoping I would fall in love with it. Sadly I didn't, luckily my husband did so I will be making this if I'm not at home for dinner. I think I cooked it too long. I might pull it off the heat quicker next time.

Korean Beef

1 pound of ground beef
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sunflower seed oil
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2-1 teaspoon crushed pepper, I actually used a pinch and it was great
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onions sliced to top
Cooked rice

Brown ground beef with oil and garlic over medium heat. Drain most of the fat, add brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Let simmer for a couple minutes. Plate rice and scoop beef mixture on top, sprinkle sliced green onions on top.

Wasn't that fast? That's what made me want to make it. Wish me luck for next time!

Have a great week!

PS I couldn't upload the photo, I'll keep trying!

Psst - I added the picture :) Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...