Wednesday, October 1, 2014

White Chicken Enchiladas



I have been on a hunt for this delicious recipe of White Chicken Enchiladas. The company that I used to work for would have wonderful potlucks. We celebrated Cinco De Mayo and every year I would be sure to be in the front of the line to get some White chicken Enchiladas. They were so perfect! One of my coworkers and his wife would stay up the night before and make them. They would bring in 2 huge foil pans and they would be gone in no time.  I could never get the recipe from him. I think a lot of love when in to it. I've got the love built in, now I just need to figure out the rest.

I keep falling for the cream of chicken soup recipes thinking that has to be it! They all taste the same in my opinion. It needs to be creamy and cheesy with out being mac and cheese. I wonder if it had cream cheese or perhaps Mexican Crema.

This recipe I'm posting today isn't the one I'm looking for. It's good in it's own way, just not the best.

4 chicken breast cooked and shredded
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
1/2 cup of sour cream
salt and pepper to tast
8 large flour tortillas

Preheat the oven 350 degree fahrenheit. I pulled out my big glass baking dish 15 inch by 10 inch.

In a large bowl add your shredded chicken. In a 2 cup mixing bowl combine soup and milk. Divide the mixture in half and add 1 half to the chicken. Add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese and sour cream to the chicken mixture and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper if using. Lay out tortillas and add some of the meat mixture, around a 1/4 cup, and roll then place into pan. Continue until all of the meat mixture is used up. Tip: I divide the mixture right in the bowl to get a general idea of what I should use. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the rolled up tortillas, last top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for a total of 30 minutes, remove foil at 20 minutes to make the cheese brown a little.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...