Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Log Cabin Quilt



Isn't this gorgeous! I started to search for Log Cabin quilts. My mom told Christie and I, my BF, that this is the quilt new comers make first. Neither of us did. We were cracking up. I started off on a panel that you add borders and squares. It turned out great, it was for my son. Christie somehow when from being a simple panel to an eight point star. No worries though, there is this great tool called a "Flying Geese" that made her points look like she is a pro!

Back to my point! Get it...point! Anyways I found this quilt on Pinterest and now I want to make one. In fact I was thinking I would make one [log cabin] for every holiday. If you click on the link you can see more pictures. The way she put the blocks together is so neat! I would like to make something similar. Even though I have already started quilting I'm really excited about making this. The Christmas fabric is out so I better start collecting!

I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You have me hooked on quilting. Can't wait to make some more geese fly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...