Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Porch Showcase


Today we are sharing how our porches turned out!!  This is the first year we (Felicia and Beth) have decorated our porches - and we are both really excited about how they turned out!! 

We hope you enjoy them as much as we do...we both agree they make us smile when we come home.

  
Felicia:
I'm so grateful we decided to have a Halloween Challenge!

I kept seeing these beautiful glass lanterns on Pinterest. One filled with pumpkins or leaves and the other had a candle. So I set out to find them - boy they were expensive! Luckily after searching I found a buy one get one free deal. So they ended up being $20 apiece. Pretty good deal! Then I went to Target and I happened to walk by there candle section and found plastic lanterns with LED candles for $12 apiece. I ended up taking the others back...someday I will have the large and medium glass lanterns of my dreams, for now this makes me happy!

I also made a pumpkin tower. I removed the stems on my big and medium pumpkin and ran a dowel through the bottom of the large pumpkin and all the way through the medium one and then I pushed the small one on top. I used a saw on my dowel in the beginning. At first I made it a little too long so I used my gardening clippers and took a little off the top. That worked so much better and was less risk on my part! I found the wooden craft box, painted it black, filled it with straw and leaves to hold the pumpkin tower up.

I didn't make a sign, but I really wanted to make a pumpkin sign just like the one on my porch. My husband doesn't have time to help make me make one - and I didn't think it would be safe for me to use a saw to make this by myself. Someday I will make one! This is actually a lawn sign, so when I make one I will move this one to the lawn.
My table and door were a little too far apart for a good picture, but I am happy with how it turned out!!


Beth:

I was so excited when we decided to do this challenge - I knew it would give me the incentive to do some of the decorating I have wanted to do since we bought our house 3 years ago.  I am really happy with how it turned out, and I am looking forward to adding new things every year!  (Have I said how excited I am yet Lol)

What's even better - all I have to do is turn the Boo pumpkin around and remove the sign post and I'm all set for Fall and Thanksgiving!!  Although I may find something fun to make and add (maybe a Thanksgiving sign instead).

The only thing that may/may not stay is the wreath - I love it, but Eric not so much.  For now it has stayed, but I hear about how annoying it is EVERY time we leave or come home.  Lol - I'm hoping he'll get over it if I just leave it up, but we'll see. :)

Woohoo!  Our porch finale is done.  Tell us what you think!  Any suggestions for next year?

Happy Halloween!
Three Peas Create

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...