Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dutch Butter Cake



I saw this simple baked good and had to make it. This is so simple you could throw this together when you have company coming over that you didn't expect to! It's just 4 ingredients. The name does say butter, you will be using 2 sticks (1 cup) in this recipe.

I thought I should make something for the teachers, helpers and bus drivers. I try to send baked goods throughout the year. My son goes to a developmental preschool and the bus drivers come right to our door which is so helpful. I know Xander loves going to school. I'm sad that he won't be going there when he begins grade school since he is already familiar with it.

Here we go...

I got the recipe here.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farhrenheit. Line a 8 by 8 with foil.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 sticks of butter, melted, no need to let cool.
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together until just combined. Just like brownies don't over mix! Press into your prepared pan and bake for 30 min until golden around the edges.



You can see that I didn't do the foil, I greased my stoneware and the squares popped out easy for me.

This reminds of a shortbread cookies. It's so delicious! I will be making these again!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...