Monday, October 20, 2014

Stuffed Pepper 'Pumpkins'


I saw these on Pinterest, and I just had to do it!  I actually used the Arroz con Pollo I had in the freezer to stuff the peppers.  It turned out okay, but I would recommend doing it the next day with unfrozen leftovers.  I thawed the rice overnight and then stuffed the peppers, but I thought it was a little mushy this way. 

The peppers were really easy - cut the tops off, carve a face and stuff.  I cooked them for around an hour at 350 degrees.  This is a really easy, fun dinner - you can use any type of stuffing you would like, and the peppers just need to be softened to your liking.  We all enjoyed playing with them before we ate them, so I imagine kids of all ages would like it too!!

Have a great day!
Beth

P.S.  Sorry that picture on the right is so blurry - but I couldn't leave it out - it's the funniest one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...