Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pinball Kind Of Day



Sorry for the late post. I had planned on coming home after my son's therapy sessions and making a cream scone with chocolate glaze. I saw it as a Pin on Pinterest. It's one of Ree Drummond's new recipe from her cook book. It looks delicious.

My morning was ok, I somehow turned on my alarm in my sleep. Luckily my kiddo wakes up like clockwork. I woke up on time so my morning wasn't totally lost. I was able to make breakfast before we had to leave for his therapy.

I go to Starbucks on Thursdays before our trek out to North Bend which is about 45 min. I went through the drive thru and someone paid for my drink. That was so nice! We have a lot of "pay it forward" people in my town. I got to enjoy my drink free and go through a lot faster. I have to remember to do that some time. It's a nice treat when someone takes care of your drink.

I stayed in my car while Xander had his therapy, that was about 2 hours. It dawned on me about 20 till that I didn't have lunch prepared for him. I went in to get him and talked to his therapist and then used the potty. He and I needed to use the potty. TMI coming :) he pooped. It's been a regular thing for him now for awhile. I have started to take away toys and special TV shows when he hasn't been using the potty. This seems to work. He can read, he loves to read, when his toys and TV are taken away. I tell him every time that he needs to listen to his body. He is so cute he will say "I need to listen to my organs?" I love that he learns about new things and then talks about them regularly. That took awhile so I called the dispatch for his bus and let them know he wouldn't be home for the pick up. We decided to get hot dogs from Costco. We got on the road and then we stopped. It was backed up from construction. At that point we had a little over an hour to get food and get to school.  We were in traffic for a half hour. So I quickly stopped at a fast food place and started to drive back to school. We ate in the car, which isn't ideal but he had to eat. We got to school a little before it started.

I haven't been thinking well these last couple of days. I can't remember the things I'm talking about and forgot to go to the store and get stuff for Xander's lunch today. Absent minded lately, head in the clouds.  I'm hoping it's just that I need more sleep, or maybe I since I have been catching up that my body is taking it all in and not paying attention.

I hope you have a great day like I will for the rest of the day! (fingers crossed)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...