Friday, August 1, 2014

It's really potty time...

I have a wonderful little boy who is having trouble nailing potty training. Through this weekend I want to focus on potty training. I don't think it's a huge priority for him. So I have some good ideas on how to promote wanting to go on the potty!  Hot wheels is a big reward and luckily a cheap one too. One of the ABA people we work with suggested to really start from the beginning. To reward "I need to go potty" and "I'm dry" he would be full of sugar if I rewarded him with marshmallows. So I thought if I do a reward chart then when he fills up a certain amount then he can get a car.

I really want him potty trained by September when he goes back to preschool. Not to mention he's 4 and most children are trained by now. I know children take their own time. I want him to get this because I know he can, he's capable. He goes potty when I ask him. I know he's ready I just need to support him so he realizes it too.

Wish us luck!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...