Friday, August 15, 2014

Honey BBQ sauce


This BBQ sauce was easy to make. Put all of the ingredients into one pan! I like to make my own sauces, I really like smooth sauces like the  processed kind. I figured I would just strain what ever sauce I make, it worked perfectly. I will try out some other recipes this way too.

1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoon molasses
3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup honey

Combine all of these ingredients in a small pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it boils, reduce to med-low to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. I poured the sauce into a small bowl with a strainer. Use it right away or let cool in bowl then put into your refrigerator.

I used pepper which comes ground it tends to have a bigger grind, then hand ground. Straining caught all of the big pieces which is exactly what I wanted. I'm so excited to have homemade BBQ sauce.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...