Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chocolate Caramel Cake



I was coming to this office when "Cake Wednesday" started at my sons Autism thearpy. I now have a reason to bring baked goods. I've been wanting to make this recipe for awhile. I have a love for Dark Brown Sugar! I feel brown sugar gives a caramel taste to baked goods, it's a nice deep flavor. This recipe didn't disappoint. I changed things up a bit from the original which called for toffee bits to mini chocolate chips. It had a beautiful caramel recipe, I bought a jar of salted caramel to pour over the top, I didn't have time to make it. I will someday!

Here's the recipe

1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) of butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
8 oz mini chocolate chips
Small jar of caramel sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Grease a bundt pan.

Cream butter in a large bowl. Add sugars, when it's blended add eggs one at a time. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Start adding 1 cup of flour, mixing completely then 1/2 cup of milk mix until completely incorporated. Continue with flour then milk until all of it is added. Fold in the chocolate chips. If you have a helper you can have them turn the pan while you slowly pour in the batter. Otherwise spoon in and turn pan until it's all in and even. Bake for 75-85 minutes. Let cool for 30 min in pan. Then turn out onto plate or platter, let cool completely. When it's cool, I heated the caramel sauce to help it be more pourable then I poured while I turned the cake so that it got over ever piece.



I hope you enjoy this as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...