Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yeah I meant to do that!


I made flourless peanut butter cookies last week. They were so delicious! A friend asked about them so I told her I would bake her some.

I made the mistake of making it from memory. It's too early for that. Even though it has a short ingredient list I still couldn't remember all of it. So I had a batch in the oven and it smelled amazing! I pulled them out and let them cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.

When they cooled I started to move them and they crumbled. Not to metntion they didn't flatten out like they did before. I baked another sheet, this time I rolled them by hand thinking that was the issue. Same thing they crumbled. I looked over the recipe and I couldn't believe I forgot the binding, an egg! Seriously! I was all impressed because it didn't have flour. I think I just overlooked another key ingredient in cookies.

I kept the crumbs, they tasted amazing. Luckily my husband and I have been sprinkling them on everything. It will be eaten I'm sure of that. Tonight we plan on blending them with a milk shake.

I had another idea, I make a peanut butter ice cream pie. If I make it into a cookie crust by adding butter, I think it would be Devine! I also think they could be used in trifles or individule parfait's. The ideas are pouring out now. You can dip fruit, marshmallows, or brownies in chocolate then into the crumbs. For a sweet treat for your kiddo (let's face it your self too) you can spread cream cheese on a whole wheat tortilla sprinkle with crumbs add sliced fruit then roll up cut them into rounds.

I will be trying out my ideas. It's nice to know that even though it didn't turn out I will be able to make into something just as good. Side note I made them last week and stored them in a sealed container and it's still soft today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...