Friday, August 22, 2014

So nervous

Today I'm taking my son to the dentist. Anytime I come at him with floss he freaks out on me. I'm hoping it goes well, even though I don't think it will. He's 4 and this is his first time going, to think he won't have an cavities is a far stretch. We can't take him to get his hair cut, he freaks out on them because they use the razor and he doesn't care for the sound.

He has been watching tv shows about going to the doctor and dentist so he's super excited to go. I sure hope it goes well.

My experience with dentistry has not been well until adulthood. I stayed far away. My son is just like me and needs to know what's going on. That's really hard to do when your young you think everything is going to hurt. I was strapped down and didn't have my parents with me and it was traumatic. One time I was crying before the Dr. came in, he walked in peaked in my mouth said it will fall out on its on and he left. I scare more doctor's then they scare me.

When I finally started going back they gave me Valium to help calm my nerves. I also had gas, they had to turn it way down because I was sucking in too much, I couldn't feel my lungs. I have found these days they are a lot nicer and I hope that my kiddo won't be as scared as I was.

I'm taking him to our Children's hospital they have a dental clinic and if need be we can knock him out for a simple cleaning.

Being a mom has definitely helped me become more brave. I want my son to know that sometimes we have to do things that are a little uncomfortable and my hurt just for a bit, they are necessary to keep our bodies healthy.

Wish us luck today! I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...