Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hazelnut spread with amazing ingredient



If you haven't guessed I have a huge passion for food. I was a Pampered Chef consultant, with Beth for awhile. I actually started it so I would have a business in place when I had children. Come to find out my child needed me more so I was happy to be there for him. Before I was a consultant I could cook instant ramen and Mac and cheese from a box. I have Dick and Sue (who are like my family) along with Pampered chef for my love of cooking/baking.

 It is also the reason why I have more kitchen products than food in my cupboards. I even have a rack in my laundry room full of tools and appliances. I'm hoping for a bigger kitchen some day.

On to this wonderful surprising recipe. I was watching "The Kitchen" on the food network and Katie Lee made a hazelnut spread, the other chefs had to guess the secret ingredient. They couldn't taste it, neither did I. It has chickpeas!

You can check out the nutritional benefits here. They have a great source of fiber among other things. The cocoa is so good in this. It also has coconut sugar, I have never used it before this recipe. It smells Devine I can't wait to use it again. It might replace my brown sugar obsession. If you don't have coconut sugar you can use granulated, or try brown sugar!

Here's the recipe

1 cup of Hazelnuts
1 can of chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla


In a food processor pulse hazelnuts until a fine meal. Add chickpeas pulse until blended. Add, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla process until all blended. Eat right away. If you want it for later, store in refrigerator. When you're ready to serve, bring it out and let it sit for at least 15 minutes to soften.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...