Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Things are changing..



I have loved this summer here in Washington, it's been so nice. But things have to change eventually!

The fall Pins have showed up and school is beginning. My kiddo starts the 2nd week in September. He and I are so excited! I'm so blessed that he loves school just like I did.

I wasn't ready to make a pumpkin flavored dessert. I feel like school and cookies go hand and hand, so that's what I decided to make. I make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Just like our season's change sometimes I want to mix it up a bit too. I made a chocolate crinkle with white chocolate chips. I really like crinkle cookies.

I was a little nervous about melting chocolate in the microwave, it never fails I always turn it into concrete. What I have found out is that I have been cooking it too long. I was cooking it until it was smooth. That's were I went wrong! This is another reason I love trying new things, I usually learn something new! It went perfectly, I'm so glad!

Here's the recipe:

8oz semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
12oz white chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.  Grease 2 half sheet pans with butter or spray.

In a microwave bowl add chocolate chips and butter, microwave on high for 20 seconds then stir. Repeat this until the mixture is almost melted. Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl add eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until lighter in color. Add melted chocolate mixture and until well blended. Add flour and mix until just combined. Hand mix the white chocolate chips in.

Scoop onto prepared baking pans and bake for 12-15 min. I usually under bake my cookies, so I pulled them out at 12 min. I also turned them half way through the baking time.

My baking notes are next time I would add dark brown sugar and I would put in a little bit of dark unsweetened chocolate chips. I like the flavor of dark better. I think it will complement the white chocolate.

Enjoy!

This is where I got the recipe from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...