Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Isn't the guy supposed to say that?!

LOL - that could go so many ways, but let me explain...

Eric and I are celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary this week.  Originally, we were planning to go somewhere for the week for our anniversary, then we ordered the kitchen cabinets and decided we didn't want to spend even more money going on a big trip.  So we decided to just go away for the weekend, but we couldn't decide where we wanted to go - or even how far away we wanted to travel to even look!!  So, in an attempt to make sure we actually did something for our anniversary I sent Eric a text and this was our conversation:


Yeah - I'm a little crazy.  I gave up a relaxing weekend for a BBQ and lots of work building something. LOL.  The funniest part is I am completely happy with the exchange.  I don't mind giving up driving a few hours away and staying there for one or two nights and then driving back.  (It's not like I gave up a trip to Hawaii or something)  To me a BBQ is a much better use of our limited fun money.  We bought it the weekend we built the fire pit, and I have used it several times a week since then.  One friend actually told me I had 'given in' when I told her about it - I told her since it was my idea and I got two things I wanted out of it, I won more than I lost.  Since it wasn't a competition or a war (or even a battle) and we were both happy with the plan - really we both won.   Everyone has different priorities.

The BBQ we ended up buying was a Kitchenaid Gas Grill with a side burner.  We love it!  As for the project, we decided to complete the closet in our master bedroom.  Woot Woot!  Hopefully, I am working hard right now and will have pictures to show next week.

Have a great day!
Beth
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...