Friday, May 29, 2015

Ramen Special



I have been making ramen special for awhile now and I thought I would share my ideas with you. I really need to go to a speciality store and find the ramen noodles by themselves. I toss the packet that comes with it and make my own broth.

I'm obsessed with The Ramen Girl movie. So I guess my desire to make ramen started with this movie. Now my recipe is no where near what they make in the movie but it's a start. Someday I will make it entirely from scratch, or how my sons says it from scratching. Hehehe


Let's get started...

Ingredients

1 ramen any flavor (remember we're tossing the packet out)
1 cup water
1 cup broth of your choosing ( I made chicken)
1/2 cup peas (edamame would be yummy too)
3 or 4 Shitake mushrooms
1 green onion
1/2 chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
Salt and pepper or granulated garlic is great too
Sriracha optional

Heat water and broth in a pot over high heat, bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and peas, bring back to a boil, add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes. Towards the end of cooking time add chicken to reheat and add green onion. Add seasonings and Sriracha, pour into bowl and enjoy.

This is a favorite of ours. I keep adding others things, beef broth is my favorite. Lots of times I will add left over veggies, carrots, bell peppers and celery are delicious. I just realized I had some I could have added some. Oh well next time. Oh and eggs are really good too!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...