Friday, May 15, 2015

Meatloaf


The weather still has been a little sad around here so I went for another comfort food, meatloaf. We love it in our house, it's usually gone so I don't get a sandwich out of it. I think I will this time. I bought some yummy white bread and I think I will make it tonight and have it tomorrow.

You will need a loaf pan or a medium size baking sheet. I also use grill foil pans. They have slits, I put them on my baking sheets and the fat falls to the bottom and keeps the meatloaf firm. You can also you use a metal cooling rack if you have one.

Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3 Tablespoons minced dried onion
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon season salt

Topping
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar

In a large bowl combine onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk and seasoning. Add ground beef, gently mix it all together, form into a loaf and into your baking sheet or put into your loaf pan. Make topping, combine ketchup, mustard and sugar pour over the top. Bake in oven for 1 hour and then let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

Adapted from here.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...