Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls



Beth told me to blog about these. This week my son's school is celebrating teacher staff week and today is treat day. I figured I should make these! They smell good! Mouth watering good!

I made The Pioneer Women's recipe. I try and make it for my neighbors every year around Christmas time. I need to make them ahead of time and just bake as I need them.

This recipe makes a lot. They go quickly! My husband served one with ice cream and it's amazing!

Recipe:

4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons yeast

8 cups bread flour

1 cup bread flour
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 scant teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon salt

2 cups melted butter
2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon

Icing:
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 lbs powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla


I sectioned off the ingredients by the order of instructions. You will need a large pot, enough to hold the 1-3 ingredient sections. This makes 40-50 rolls. I can fit them all into buttered 9 by 13 and 15 by 10. It makes quite a bit. If you wanted to gift these buy some foil baking pans and do the math of how many you want in each.

In a large pot heat milk, oil and sugar at medium heat until 100 degrees. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 1 minute.

Add 8 cups of flour and mix well. Cover with a towel and let sit for 1 hour. Should double in rising.

Punch down dough. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Divided in half. Roll out to 30 in by 10 inches.

Pour 1 cup butter on dough sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons cinnamon. (I mixed the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkled half of it on top.) Starting with edge of the length side roll towards you, tucking inch by inch. Seal the edge if you can. Cut slices with a knife and place into pan, cut side up. Cover again and let rise for 20 minutes. Pre heat your oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.

Bake for 13-17 or if you make them a little thicker like me 18-20 minutes. You want the edges to be browned.

Make icing while the rolls are baking. Whether you melt the butter in a pan on the stove or in the microwave have medium size vessel. Add powdered sugar, milk, water and vanilla. Mix until well blended.

Pour icing over rolls as soon as you bring them out.

Get familiar with this recipe you will be making them, they will be asked for!

I hope you enjoy these as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...