Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo!



Any day to celebrate with food and being together is a great day! Our household loves to eat Mexican cuisine, well America's version. I'm the only one that has been there, I didn't spend enough time to translate the recipes. I really want the bread they make for breakfast with hot chocolate. Handmade flour tortillas are so amazing!

My go to recipes are guacamole, taquitos and burritos. I saw this appetizer and it looked refreshing to add to my menu.

Here I'm making a guacamole in a scoop chip with a shrimp on top.

Ingredients

Scoops chips
Avocado diced
Red onion diced
Tomatoes diced
Garlic (1 clove per avocado)
Shrimp 50-60 count (you want them bite size) shells removed and deveined.
Salt and pepper

Your other option is to chop everything separately and put it in the chip for a beautiful presentation. I just mixed everything (avocado, garlic, tomatoes, red onion, and salt) together and scooped into the crackers.

To make the shrimp, I just removed the shell and cooked them in the pan until just turning pink, turned off the heat. They will cook a bit more, you don't want to cook them for too long or they will get rubbery. When they are done place on a plate and salt and pepper them. I just did one side.

When your chips are filled top with a shrimp. I think these good be made ahead just don't assemble until ready to eat.

My husband said they might be the best thing I've ever made! That's pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...