Wednesday, May 13, 2015

One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas



I was wanting some comfort food. It's been raining here and of course soup comes to my mind. It's not so liked with my family.

I looked for a chicken and pea recipe and nothing was sounding good so when I found this, I adapted to what I wanted and had on hand.

You will need a large pot with a lid or a Dutch oven.

Ingredients

1/4 cup oil
1 sweet onion
2 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
5 cups chicken broth, heated
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper, I also used a seasoned salt blend
1 cup shredded cheese

Heat oil in pot or Dutch oven at medium heat. Add onion, cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken, season, cook until no longer pink. Add rice cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, season. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Slowly add cheese and mix until melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...