Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No Bake Cheesecake



I somehow pinned a bunch of cheesecake recipes. I guess that is what sounds good to me right now! I went to the grocery store with out a list, I did fairly well. Except I didn't grabbed lemons. So I didn't add it in, I have a feeling it will be missed. That's ok, I think I will top it with strawberries, I might mix the strawberries with lemon juice.

I think I will make my next one with my son, it was very easy to make and I think he would have a blast making it.

This does need to go in the refrigerator for at least 2 1/2 - 3 hours. What I have seen with most recipes is that overnight is best. I was hoping to find a quicker way to eat cheesecake other than buying one. Oh well, I guess I don't want to mess with perfection anyway.

Let's get started...

You will need a spring form pan and a hand mixer, a large bowl. Space in your freezer for 10 min. You will need plastic wrap to cover the cheesecake as well.

Ingredients

2 packages of graham crackers
11 tablespoon of melted butter
2 - 8oz cream cheese at room temperature
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
1/4 cup lemon juice (I did leave this out because I didn't have any at the time)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

How ever you want to crush the graham crackers is great. You can put them in a gallon resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin or put them in your food processor. After you have crushed the crackers mix in butter and sugar then press into your springform pan. Place in your freezer for 10 minutes.

While that is setting make the filling. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, add sweetened condensed milk slowly. Add Lemon Juice and Vanilla then pour into prepared crust and cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or overnight.

Release collar and slice, you can add your favorite fruit or even a ganache would be wonderful!

Adapted from this pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...