Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders

Now that I make all of Eric's food from scratch, I've had a hard time eating healthy food.  I don't eat the same things Eric does (and even if I did I couldn't eat it every day the way he does), so usually I eat fast and easy - which means not very good for me :)

So one of the things I have started doing is to make fast and easy things that are at least made from scratch and with good ingredients.  The first thing I started with is Oven Fried Chicken Tenders - they aren't completely healthy since you bake them in butter but at least they are healthier than deep or pan frying with oil (at least that's what I tell myself).  I will say that they are so yummy I ate what I was hoping would be enough for at least 4 days worth in less than 24 hours...I ate most for dinner and then had the rest for breakfast...ok and maybe a few when I got up at night for water...so I definitely hope you will try them!

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders

2 chicken breasts
4 Tbsp butter
Flour
Seasonings

Cut the chicken into the size you would like, place into a bowl and cover with water.  Add some salt and soak for about an hour.  Mix the flour and seasoning in a bag or a bowl with a lid.  Place the chicken pieces in the flour and shake to coat thoroughly.  Preheat oven to 400° and place a baking sheet or casserole dish into the oven with the butter to melt.  Once the butter is melted, place the floured chicken into the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes.  Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  If there is too much butter left and they aren't browning, place them on a rack over another baking sheet to finish browning.

Eat them hot or let cool and freeze for later meals.

Very easy and definitely better for you than a lot of the store bought or fast food ones!

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...