Friday, June 5, 2015

Oven Fried Pickles



I was beyond excited to make these. I'm not a huge fan of pickles and I tried fried pickles from a tavern last summer. They were so yummy! I found this yummy looking recipe on Pinterest. I thought I would give it a try.

You will need a sheet pan and a metal cooling rack to fit inside. You want the air to circulate. I used a grill foil pan, I don't have a metal cooling rack big enough. You will need two shallow bowls to dip into.

Ingredients

1 small jar of dill pickles drained
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
dipping sauces: ranch or hot sauce

In one shallow bowl crack eggs and beat slightly, add flour, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, cajun seasoning,  and black pepper mix until combined. In the other shallow bowl put the panko bread crumbs.

Turn your broiler on or on High, I have a gas so the flames are just on! Dip the pickles in the egg mixture then the bread crumbs and place on rack or grill pan if you're like me. Fit as many as you can with a little room between each, bake for 3 minutes, flip and bake for 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

Serve with dipping sauces like ranch or hot sauce.

I personally didn't like this recipe. I'm going to try baking this batch. The insides were still cold and I liked the kind from the tavern they were slightly warm. If that doesn't work I will try another recipe and post about. I hope that you enjoy this recipe, like I said above I'm not a huge pickle fan so I think I will need to perfect my own.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...