Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Adventure Time Quilt


One of my favorite things to sew is baby blankets and quilts.  I don't make traditional quilts - there's no fancy quilted design and I have never felt the need to display a quilt I've made (I only hung this so it was easy to see lol).  Instead, I make quilts you can use anywhere - on the floor, the lawn, the car...and then throw in the wash and use it again.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE "real" quilts, I just don't like to make them for babies.  Most of my quilts are made with cotton flannel and quilting cotton fabric.  Sometimes I use Minky because it's just...so..soft...but I have a hard time reconciling the whole less chemical lifestyle I want to achieve with the plastic and chemicals that minky is made from. I like to say my quilts are user friendly ;)

So my point is...well nothing really.  I just wanted to share the quilt I made with Felicia to donate to a friend's auction.  I thought I should have more than "I made a quilt" for you to read ;)  We wanted to make a gender neutral quilt so that anyone could enjoy it, but I like to think of it more as gender inclusive.  I have always thought gender neutral leans more towards 'boy acceptable' colors - where are the pinks and purples?  Why is orange or blue ok for boys and girls, but not pink??  Silliness!  So we designed a quilt (well, actually an entire crib set) that has all of the colors represented and it still has a fun theme!  I fell in love with it so I may have a half finished crib set for my non-existent nursery lol...(You may or may not know I love trains, so yeah I had to have it).  My plan is to make several different crib sets to use eventually - just for fun and because I am an unrepentant collector of adorable baby print fabric!!

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...