Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cranberry Orange Scones


I can't wait for these to come out of the oven. I hope they look pretty too! I will have the picture above so this might sound crazy! I'm typing as they are baking. Woo hoo they're pretty and so yummy!

I adapted the recipe from here, I was searching for a recipe and came across this went to Pin it and I already Pinned it. I think to my self you have good taste, you try to Pin things twice.

I love cranberry orange scones. I feel that even though they can be a fall flavor I think it works for the summer time too. I just happen to pick the juiciest orange, I drank the left over juice and it was yummy.

I like scones because they come together quickly with a small ingredient list of common pantry items.

You need your oven set to 400 degrees, a baking sheet lined if you want. A big bowl and 2 knifes or a biscuit cutter. A workspace to work the dough.

Ingredients

2 1/4 cup flour plus extra for board or counter.
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 (1 & 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 extra large eggs slightly beaten
1 cup dried orange infused cranberry (these are at Trader Joe's) plain cranberries are great too!
zest and juice from 1 orange *
1/2 cup powdered sugar *

In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter in until the size of peas. Slowly while mixing with a fork or spoon add heavy cream and eggs, mix until almost combined. Fold in cranberries and pour onto floured counter or board. I mounded the dough into a dome and flip over a couple of times while shaping into a rectangle, cut down the middle length wise. Then cut each into triangles. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. Mine went a little longer, I think I made mine bigger. That's okay it took 21 minutes for me, bake until the edges start to brown. Glaze as soon as you pull them out! Recipe below.

* You know how I said I drank the left over OJ, I shouldn't have. I wanted to cover the tops of the scones completely and that amount above didn't cut it, I should have doubled. Oh well I will just have to make more next time.

Glaze

Mix powder sugar with 4 teaspoons of orange juice add zest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...